Heritage School District Mission & Vision Statements
OUR MISSION: INSPIRE A PASSION FOR LEARNING
We, The HERITAGE COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT, believe that:
- Students are unique in their needs, thought processes, learning styles and will be inspired in different ways.
- When passion and vision are involved, we believe that given the opportunity students can learn and achieve.
- When given a stimulating environment, enough time and the right opportunities, students will learn to be life-long learners, college and career ready, and able to negotiate our ever-changing global society.
- The key to any positive interaction is respect.
- Students are entitled to a socially, emotionally, and physically safe learning environment.
- Change offers an opportunity for growth.
- Consistent rules and discipline, positive values and social skills are necessary for all individuals.
- After given opportunities, everyone is accountable for their own success.
- Parental support and involvement is essential to motivate students for optimum success in education.
- Through continual communication, integrated curriculum and collaboration, schools will develop a progressive educational plan of academic development.
- The best learning process occurs when students and staff are motivated to strive for excellence.