Important District Dates
Thursday, Oct 22 - Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, October 23rd – No School – Parent Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, November 3rd – No School- Election Day
Visit our new site www.heritage8.org! You will be able to download our mobile app at Google play and Apple stores. Search for "Heritage Schools".
Please note that as of Sept. 1st the State of Illinois has changed food
distribution guidelines for area schools. What this means to our area
families is that Heritage School District will be able to offer our
Breakfast and Lunch programs for all registered students within our
school district free of charge until further notice. Regardless of your
family’s economic status, all registered students may sign up each
morning to receive a free Breakfast/ Lunch. All meals that were
previously charged to students as of Sept. 1st will be credited back to
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- There are extra Elementary/JH yearbooks available for sale in the office for $20.00 each.
- JH Baseball players need to go ahead and turn in all baseball uniforms ASAP. We still have 2 uniforms missing! Uniforms may be turned into the office or into Mrs. Archer in a plastic bag with your name on it. Uniforms will be handed out as needed when picture re-take days are determined later in the year.
- Open gym practices for any boy in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade interested in playing basketball will begin on Monday, Nov. 2nd. In order to participate in open gyms, students must have a current physical on file.
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- Parents: Just a reminder that if you have a freshman we need copies of their physical and dental records. If you have a senior we need proof of their meningitis shot. Thank you!
- This year it is required for graduation that all seniors fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The portal will open on 10/1. There is an option to opt out of this requirement by completing a non-participation form. The form can be picked up from Mrs. Knott's office.
- In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month the Heritage High School volleyball program is selling Volley for Cure raffle tickets for chances to win baskets and other items. They will be hosting a virtual Volley for a Cure raffle online. The link below contains an online form with pictures and descriptions of each raffle basket or item. If interested you can use the form to enter chances to win your choice of raffle prizes. Tickets are 10 for $5. You may purchase as many tickets as you wish and the tickets can be split up and entered into multiple prize drawings. You may pay cash or check (made payable to Heritage High School Volleyball) to any high school volleyball player or you can label your payments with your name and put them in the mailbox in the HS office labeled Volleyball. The deadline to purchase tickets and enter chances into the raffle is Monday October 26. Winners will be drawn on Tuesday October 27 and notified to make arrangements to pick up their winning prize. All proceeds from the raffle sales will be donated to Mills Breast Cancer Institute. https://forms.gle/uGHAyr1JoZ5kP7tH6.
- Reminder for shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!
- National Honor Society: T-shirt and mask money need to be in by October 30th. The cost is $13 for shirts and $8 for the mask.