Opening this week, 5Essentials Survey Administration: February 3 to April 2, 2021,
Parents please take a few moments to complete the 5 Essential Survey for our district when it opens on Wednesday. Please click on "5 Essentials Survey" above and then Parent Survey. Thank you and we appreciate your time.
Important District Dates:
2/5/2021 - 3rd Quarter Mid-Term
2/15/2021 - No School-- President's Day
February 2021 Calendar & Menus
2/2 JH Volleyball@ Flatville @ 6:00 PM
2/4 JH Volleyball@ Home @6:00 PM
2/5 JH Basketball@ Home @ 4:30 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Ham Sandwich Broccoli Pears Milk
2/3 HS GBB@ Okaw Valley @ 6:00 PM
2/4 HS GBB@ St. Joe @ 6:00 PM
2/5 HS BBB@ Okaw Valley @ 6:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Sweet & Sour Meatballs Rice Peas Pineapple Milk
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- The first JH Volleyball game will be played on TODAY, Feb. 2nd against PVO in Flatville at 6:00 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 4:45 PM and from Homer at 5:00 PM. Good luck girls!
- The next JH Boys Basketball game will be played on Friday, Feb. 5th at home against Rossville-Alvin at 4:30 PM. This will be an 8th grade game ONLY! Good luck!
- Please note that there will be limited access to all sporting events due to COVID restrictions. Coaches have been made aware of our new restrictions and have discussed them with players. Please discuss with your child what expectations for fan support will be and feel free to contact either your child’s coach or the school office with any questions.
- The Heritage Music Department is planning to travel to Disney World in May 2022! Information went out Feb 1 and was given to eligible students and placed on the Heritage Performing Arts FB page. We hope to have two buses full of students and adults heading to Disney World and Cocoa Beach!
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- FCCLA will be ordering Jimmy Johns sandwiches for FCCLA week. If you want a sandwich please complete the order form and turn in your money to Mrs. J. Mohr. Sandwich orders will be taken until the morning of Friday February 5. No orders will be processed without full payment. Each order will get you a sandwich chips and drink for Wednesday February 10 for lunch. Make checks payable to Heritage FCCLA. There will be envelopes and a drop box in Mrs. J. Mohrs room
- The Heritage Music Department is planning to travel to Disney World in May 2022! Information went out out Feb 1 and was given to eligible students and placed on the Heritage Performing Arts FB page. We hope to have two buses full of students and adults heading to Disney World and Cocoa Beach!
- Any girls interested in going out for basketball will need to sign up on 8 to 18 (through the Villa Grove website) ASAP and have an updated physical.
- Heritage High School will be producing Monty Python's Spamalot as the spring musical! Audition information went out on Feb 1, auditions are by appointment on Feb 4, 5, and 6, and the show is slated to be outdoors for the last full week of May!
- There is a sign up sheet in the office for any girl interested in playing softball.
- There is a sign up form on the counter in the office for anyone interested in going out for track this year.
- The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!