Parents please take a few moments to complete the 5 Essential Survey for our district. Please click on "5 Essentials Survey" above and then Parent Survey.
Thank you and we appreciate your time.
Important District Dates:
2/5/2021 - 3rd Quarter Mid-Term
2/6/2021 - School Board Planning Meeting 9am Homer Band Room
2/15/2021 - No School-- President's Day
2/16/2021 - School Board Meeting 7:00 pm at Homer Band Room
2/5 JH Basketball@ Home @ 4:30 PM (8th Grade Game Only)
2/8 JH Basketball@ Home @ 6:00 PM
2/8 JH Volleyball@ Shiloh @ 6:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Chicken Patty Chips Corn Peaches Milk
2/5 HS BBB@ Okaw Valley @ 6:00 PM
2/8 HS GBB@ Blue Ridge @ 6:00 PM
2/9 HS BBB@ Home @ 6:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Biscuits N Gravy Cinnamon Roll Hash Brown Cooked Apples Milk
February 2021 Calendar & Menus
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- JH Boys Basketball game TODAY, Feb. 5th at home against Rossville-Alvin at 4:30 PM. This will be an 8th grade game ONLY! Good luck!
- The next JH Volleyball game will be played on Monday, February 8th at Shilo at 6:00 PM. The Buss will leave Homer @ 4:50 PM and from Broadlands at 5:05 PM. GOOD LUCK!
- The next JH Boys Basketball game will be played on Monday, February 8th at home at 6:00 PM. GOOD LUCK!
- Please note that there will be limited access to all sporting events due to COVID restrictions. Coaches have been made aware of our new restrictions and have discussed them with players. Please discuss with your child what expectations for fan support will be and feel free to contact either your child’s coach or the school office with any questions.
- The Heritage Music Department is planning to travel to Disney World in May 2022! Information went out Feb 1 and was given to eligible students and placed on the Heritage Performing Arts FB page. We hope to have two buses full of students and adults heading to Disney World and Cocoa Beach!
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- FCCLA Week (2/8-2/12) dress up days are as follows: Monday PJ Day Tuesday Celebrity Look Alike Wednesday Zoom Meeting Attire Thursday The Forgotten Holidays and Events of 2020 Friday is Wear Red Day.
- Heritage HS will be producing Monty Pythons Spamalot as the spring musical! Audition information goes out on 2/1 auditions are by appointment on 2/4, 2/5, and 2/6 and the show is slated to be outdoors for the last full week of May!
- The Heritage Music Dept. is planning to travel to Disney World in May 2022! Information comes out on 2/1 and will be given to eligible students and placed on the Heritage Performing Arts FB page. We hope to have two buses full of students and adults heading to Disney World and Cocoa Beach!
- FCCLA will be ordering Jimmy Johns sandwiches for FCCLA week. If you want a sandwich please complete the order form and turn in your money to Mrs. J. Mohr. Sandwich orders will be taken until the morning of Friday February 5. No orders will be processed without full payment. Each order will get you a sandwich chips and drink for Wednesday February 10 for lunch. Make checks payable to Heritage FCCLA. There will be envelopes and a drop box in Mrs. J. Mohr's room.
- Due to the current travel climate current travel restrictions and continued uncertainty regarding COVID-19 EF Explore America has decided to cancel the DC to March. Travelers have a decision to make about the trip you purchased. You receive an email from EF Explore America (this is automated so check your spam) with instructions on how to redeem your voucher how you'd like. A.Cash Refund in the value of all money paid toward the tour less $350 for non-refundable deposits. B.Future Travel in the value of all money paid toward the tour (even late fees). You have until October of 2023 to decide which of these two redemption options you want to use. This voucher is transferrable and you can sell it to another family or use it on another traveler other than the original traveler who will be going on tour in the future. If you have questions please call 888-333-9756 which is the Traveler Support Teams number and they are specifically dedicated to the parents for questions or concerns. If you have any other questions or concerns please email Joscyln Mohr at Joscyln.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FCCLA is still collecting pop tabs for The Ronald McDonald House. Please bring in what you have collected in plastic bags and put them in the containers placed outside Mrs. J. Mohrs room during FCCLA week.
- Any student taking DC or ECCA classes need to apply to Parkland for the fall semester as a non degree seeking student. If you have any questions please ask Mrs. Knott.
- The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!