Important District Dates:
Saturday, April 24, 2021 -- PROM @ The Mill @ Sugar Grove
Monday, May 24, 2021 -- Last Day of Student Attendance
4/21 JH GBB @ Schlarman @ 5:30 PM
4/27 JH Track @ Rossville-Alvin Grade School @ 4:00 PM
4/29 JH Track @ Bismarck-Henning @ 4:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
PB & Jelly Gold Fish Carrots Pineapple Milk
4/21 HS Softball @ Home against Tri-County @ 4:30 PM
4/22 HS Softball @ Home against Oakwood @ 4:30 PM
4/23 HS FBall @ Home against Arcola @ 7:00 PM
4/26 HS Baseball @ Oakwood @ 4:30 PM
4/26 HS Softball @ Home against Villa Grove @ 4:30 PM
4/30 Senior Trip
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Mini Corn Dogs Baked Beans Applesauce Milk
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- JH Girls Basketball game TODAY, April 21st at Schlarman at 5:30 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 4:00 PM and from Homer at 4:15 PM. Good luck!!
- The next scheduled JH Track meet is set for Tuesday, April 27th at Rossville-Alvin Grade School at 4:00 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 2:15 PM and from Homer at 2:30 PM. Good luck!!
- Attention Heritage families: We are bringing back Heritage Hawk Fridays! Please have your child wear our school colors of red, navy, or silver or dress in any Heritage Hawk fan wear to help show our school spirit on Fridays!
- The following camps will be offered by Parkland College this summer. Please visit their website for further information if you are interested in attending. Summer Discovery camps – for kids ages 10-18, ages vary per camp. First Gig camp, Rock and Roll Band Camp - for kids ages 7-17; Quest Camp - for girls ages 12-15; Vet Med Camp - for kids 14-17 (new for summer 2021!)
- The 2020-2021 Elementary/JH yearbook order forms have been sent home with students and extra forms are available for pick up as needed in the office. Please make checks payable to Heritage School or send $22.00 cash clearly marked with your child’s name on the order form. All orders are due by May 14, 2021.
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- The 2021 Heritage Prom will be on Saturday, April 24 at The Mill at Sugar Grove in Chrisman IL starting at 6:30 pm. Pictures will begin at 6 pm. Picture order forms are in the office.
- Any sophomore or junior interested in a construction program presented by Parkland College see Mrs. Knott.
- Join the Student Council for a tailgate party on April 23rd at 6 pm at the high school. We will be having a bonfire playing lawn games and live-streaming the football game! A meal will be available for purchase. Please bring your own seating and mask in case we are not able to socially distance outside safely. This event is open to ALL high school students and staff members. We encourage you to attend!
- Any 18 year old who is interested in a highway construction career training program please see Mrs. Knott.
- Any senior filling out the Homer American Legion scholarship the due date is April 29th before you leave for the senior trip.
- JUNIORS: We need each junior to bring in a 12 pack of soda to donate to Prom by Friday, April 23rd.
- The Pet Prom Court is on display in the front hallway bring in your pennies and come by and vote for your favorite couple! Be sure to read the rules posted on the table. You can vote through FRIDAY, April 23rd!
- Seniors who previously purchased yearbooks will be issued refunds due to the Class of 2021s decision to purchase yearbooks for the whole class. Those refunds will be issued as a check to the individual student which will be given to them sometime next week. If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to Mrs. Campos. Thank you.
- Softball and Baseball pictures will be on Monday, May 10th. Softball will start at 3 and Baseball will be after starting at 3:45. Picture packets will be passed out when they come in.
- PROM INFO: Students attending prom will be required to stay at prom until after coronation in order to attend the Post Prom trip on Sunday morning. Also due to COVID and limited attendance parents will not be allowed at the prom venue. We will try to stream the coronation if WiFi allows. If not we will record coronation and upload it to Facebook for viewing.
- The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!