Important District Dates:
Sunday, May 16, 2021 -- High School Graduation @ Broadlands @ 2:00 PM
Monday, May 17, 2021 -- 8th Grade Promotion @ Broadlands @ 6:30 PM
Monday, May 24, 2021 -- Last Day of Student Attendance
4/27 JH Track @ Rossville-Alvin Grade School @ 4:00 PM
4/29 JH Track @ Bismarck-Henning @ 4:00 PM
4/27 HS Baseball @ Home against Monticello @ 4:30 PM
4/28 HS Baseball @ Blue Ridge @ 4:30 PM
4/28 JV Baseball @ Effingham @ 4:30 PM
4/28 HS Softball @ Blue Ridge @ 4:30 PM
4/30 Senior Trip
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
* JH Track meet TODAY, April 27th at Rossville-Alvin Grade School at 4:00 PM.
The bus will leave from Broadlands at 2:15 PM and from Homer at 2:30 PM. Good
* JH Girls Basketball and JH Track will have Sports pictures taken on Monday,
May 3rd at 4:00 PM during JH Track practice. Order forms will be sent home at a
* Attention Heritage families: We are bringing back Heritage Hawk Fridays!
Please have your child wear our school colors of red, navy, or silver or dress
in any Heritage Hawk fan wear to help show our school spirit on Fridays!
* The following camps will be offered by Parkland College this summer. Please
visit their website for further information if you are interested in attending.
Summer Discovery camps – for kids ages 10-18, ages vary per camp. First Gig
camp, Rock and Roll Band Camp - for kids ages 7-17; Quest Camp - for girls ages
12-15; Vet Med Camp - for kids 14-17 (new for summer 2021!)
* The 2020-2021 Elementary/JH yearbook order forms have been sent home with
students and extra forms are available for pick up as needed in the office.
Please make checks payable to Heritage School or send $22.00 cash clearly marked
with your child’s name on the order form. All orders are due by May 14, 2021.
* Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as
midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to
access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
* NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the
morning or afternoon.
* Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking
up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make
sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our
* **Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to
be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front
waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may
continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle
when dropping off.**
* Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member
regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an
appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight
schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in
* Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5
students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
* Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened
until they reach their destination.
* If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked
goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box
* If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have
him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they
were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
* Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat
belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or
dropped off on school property.
* Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she
will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus
are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking
them with them as they leave the building.
* Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been
completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our
building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our
morning entry. THANK YOU!
* If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff
member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with
office staff prior to doing so.
* Monday, May 24th – Last day of student attendance.
High School Announcements:
- Parents: Just a reminder, we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!
- Reminder for shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Any 18 year old who is interested in a highway construction career training program, please see Mrs. Knott.
- Any senior filling out the Homer American Legion scholarship, the due date is April 29th before you leave for the senior trip.
- Softball and Baseball pictures will be on Monday, May 10th. Softball will start at 3 and Baseball will be after starting at 3:45. Picture packets will be passed out when they come in.
- Seniors: We are in need of a Senior or Current Picture and a Baby Picture of each Senior for the graduation slideshow. If you sent Mrs. Campos a baby picture, we will use that. An email was sent to all senior parents requesting these. Please email pictures to email@example.com as soon as possible! Thank you!
- To ALL Sophomores & Juniors: Mr. Lee will be heading up the DC trip in late March 2022, and if you are interested we’re having a virtual meeting this Thursday at 6pm! RSVP at https://rsvp.efexploreamerica.com/v78araj even if you can’t make this Thursday, go fill out the RSVP to show us you’re interested and to get more info in the future! We would love to have you join us on this amazing, once in a lifetime experience!
- This week is the last week to order a yearbook with a name stamp! If anyone would like their name on their yearbook, order forms are in the office or yearbooks can be purchased online at yearbooksforever.com/ under Heritage Community Senior High School.
- The winners of the Pet Prom King and Queen were Bella and Bubbies! Congratulations to the winners!
- The Volleyball sports banquet will be on May 10th at 5:30pm in the main gym. Each player can bring two guests and must wear a mask.
- Seniors going to Parkland please make sure you sign up for English and Math assessments, whichever is needed. After assessment, go to Parkland’s website and sign up for freshman orientation. Once all that is completed, you can meet with a counselor for classes.
If any of you would like the poster with your pet’s picture on it, please come to the office.