Here are the morning bus times for this school year:
Longview Churchill Park - Dianne at 7:10 am, Longview Memorial Park - Dianne at
7:12 am, Allerton Park (Grade School) - Susette at 7:00 am, Allerton
Park (High School) - Julie at 7:15 am, Broadlands Park - Lori at 7:30
am, High School - Dianne at 7:25 am, Elementary School - Kelly at 7:30
am and Kevin at 7:42 am.
HS riders from Homer: Mr. Block’s bus will be leaving from the grade school at 7:42am each morning now instead of 7:45. Please make note of this. Mr. Block’s bus is the last shuttle to the HS each morning so be sure not to miss it!
Important District Dates:
Monday, September 6th - No School – Labor Day
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- Students and Staff: Please show your school spirit by wearing your Heritage Hawk wear or school colors each Friday for “Hawks Friday”
- The next JH Cross Country meet will be held on Saturday, Aug. 21st at 9:00 AM at St. Thomas in Philo. Bus time will be 7:30 AM from Homer ONLY. Good luck!
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
Labor Day No School
1. HS riders from Homer: Mr. Block’s bus will be leaving from the grade school at 7:42am each morning now instead of 7:45. Please make note of this. Mr. Block’s bus is the last shuttle to the HS each morning so be sure not to miss it!
2. Red Zone shirt order forms are available in the HS office. Orders/payments are due back to the office by Wednesday, 8/25. Red Zone tshirts get students in free to home games at Heritage HS.
3. Students and Parents of Juniors and Seniors: Please turn in your military recruiting paper to Mrs. Knott with your signature if you do not want to be contacted.
4. PSAT will be offered on 10/13 to any interested Junior. Please sign up in the office.
5. Parents: Just a reminder, the doors are unlocked in the morning for students to enter the building. Due to Covid restrictions, parents are not allowed to enter the building. If you need to drop something off, please ring the doorbell and someone will assist you. Thank you!
6. Congrats to the Class of 2025! The following students have been elected as class officers. President: Addison Weisman, Vice President: Desirae Collins, Secretary: Loran Tate, Treasurer: Hunter Montgomery.
7. Cheer tryouts will be in 9/3 starting at 6pm in the HS gym. If you are trying out, you must attend the clinics on 8/30 and 9/2 from 6-8pm. There will be a parent meeting on 9/8 at 6pm for those that make the squad.
8. The National Honor Society inductee ceremony will be held on 9/22 at 6:30pm.