November 2021 Events & Lunch Menus
Important District Dates:
Thursday, November 18th - Picture Retake Day
Tuesday, November 23rd – Early Dismissal at 1:15 PM.
Wednesday, November 24th – Friday, November 26th – NO School – Thanksgiving Vacation.
Monday, November 29th – School Resumes
11/18 – Picture Retake Day and JH Sports Pictures
11/23 - BBB @ Cerro Gordo @ 5:00 PM
11/26 - GBB @ Mahomet TBA (Tourney)
11/26 - BBB @ Cerro Gordo vs. WSS @ 10:30 AM; vs. Shelbyville @ 3:00 PM
11/27 - GBB @ Mahomet TBA (Tourney)
11/27 - BBB Cerro Gordo TBA
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- The next JH Boys Basketball game will be played TODAY, Thursday, November 18th at home against Gifford at 6:00 pm. Good Luck!
- JH Girls Basketball game TODAY, Thursday, November 18th against St. Thomas in Philo at 6:00 PM. The bus will leave Broadlands at 4:45 pm and Homer at 5:00 pm. Good Luck!
- JH Girls Basketball Regionals are out. Our 7th grade girls will play on Saturday, Nov. 20th at Chrisman against Chrisman at 10:15 AM. The championship game will be played at 2:15 PM on the same day if our girls win their morning game. The bus will leave from Homer at 8:45 AM and from Broadlands at 9:00 AM. Good luck!
- If you were unable to make the JH Volleyball parent/player meeting, please contact Coach Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to find out what you may have missed.
As a reminder, we would like to encourage everyone to continue
to show school spirit by wearing your Heritage Hawk wear or school
colors each Friday for “Hawks Friday.”
The 2021-22 Little Hawks Yearbook order forms are now available. You
may return your order form with a check or cash ($20.00) to the school
or you may order online. Go to yearbookforever.com to
place your order. Online orders will cost $21.25. You are able to add
extras to your yearbook for additional fees with online orders only. If
you have questions, please email Shelley Tison at email@example.com.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- There are order forms in the office for Hawk wear. Forms and payment are due back 11/23. Please come in and pick one up if you are interested. Thanks!
- On Tuesday, November 23 join us for a Comfy Day as we prepare for all the Thanksgiving food! Wear your sweats pjs or whatever keeps you comfy!
- Parents: Just a reminder the doors are unlocked in the morning for students to enter the building. Due to COVID restrictions parents are not allowed to enter the building. If you need to drop something off please ring the doorbell and someone will assist you. Thank you!
- REMINDER FOR PARENTS: If your student is not feeling well please keep them home until they are symptom free and feeling better. Thank you!
- Reminder for parents: Please be sure your students are coming to school with masks daily. We have masks here in case someone forgets one or one breaks but each student should be providing their own to start the day. Thank you!