January 2022 Calendar and Menus:
January 2022 Broadlands Lunch Menu
February 2022 Calendar and Menus:
Click Here to Take the Short Survey: https://bit.ly/3Kn3IiB
1/27 - VBall @ Hoopeston @ 5/6 PM
1/29-2/3 - BBB 8th Grade Regionals TBA
1/24-29 - BBB @ LPC Tourney TBA
1/27 - Freshman BBB @ Bismark-Henning @ 6 PM
1/29 - All State Choir Concert @ Peoria @ 1 PM
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- JH Girls Volleyball game TODAY, January 27th, 2022 against Hoopeston at John Greer School. There will be a 6th grade game beginning at 5:00 PM with 7th/8th grade games to follow. The bus will leave from Homer ONLY at 3:40 PM. Good luck girls!
- 8th Grade JH Boys Basketball Regional play will begin on Saturday, January 29th, 2022. Our 8th grade boys will play against Chrisman at 11:30 AM at Schlarman. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 9:45 AM and from Homer at 10:00 AM. Good Luck boys!
- Congratulations to Mr. Lee and our 6-12th grade students who participated in the Winter Band Concert last night. It was an enjoyable evening for all who attended.
- The next Disney payment of $200.00 per traveler is due by February 1st, 2022. You can have payments brought/sent to the school and Mr. Lee will handle it, or you can make a payment online at https://www.taylortourstravel.com/make-a-payment/
- K-5th grade students will be participating in our 100th Day of School celebration on Friday, January 28th, 2022.
The 2021-22 Little Hawks Yearbook order
forms are now available. You may return your order form with a check or
cash ($20.00) to the school or you may order online. Go to yearbookforever.com to
place your order. Online orders will cost $21.25. You are able to add
extras to your yearbook for additional fees with online orders only. If
you have questions, please email Shelley Tison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- The next Disney payment of $200 per traveler is due by 2/1. You can have payments brought/sent to the school and Mr. Lee will handle it or you can make a payment online at https://www.taylortourstravel.com/make-a-payment/.
- To order Winter sports pictures please use order code 65694MA at inter-state.com/order.
- SENIORS: You may place orders for your Graduation items online at www.illinigradsales.com if you missed order night!
- National Honor Society blood drive will be February 16th. Sign up is in the office. If you are 16 you must fill out a patient permission form. Younger students can not donate. This is also open to the community so get your parents/grandparents to come donate as well! Walk ins are welcome.
- Attention Junior students and parents the Post Prom raffle tickets will be due to be turned in by February 10. The drawing will be on February 14. Please turn them in or turn in the opt out money to the office as soon as you are able. This is in support of the 2022 Heritage Post Prom. Thank you.
- There will be a senior meeting on Thursday 1/27 during advisory period.
- There will be an Art Club meeting on Friday 1/28 during lunch! Remember you must attend the meetings to earn points
2021 yearbooks are here! Class of 2021 your
personalized yearbooks are in the office for you to come get! If you
want to own copy of the book we have some extras for sale for 60
dollars. First come first serve!
- Just a reminder the doors are unlocked in the morning for students to enter the building. Due to COVID restrictions parents are not allowed to enter the building. If you need to drop something off please ring the doorbell and someone will assist you. Thank you!
- If your student is not feeling well please keep them home until they are symptom free and feeling better. Thank you!
- Please be sure your students are coming to school with masks daily. We have masks here in case someone forgets one or one breaks but each student should be providing their own to start the day. Thank you!