May 2022 Heritage Events Calendar & Lunch Menus
Important District Dates
Tuesday, May 24-Thursday, May 26 - Pirates of Penzance @ HS @ 7:00 PM
Monday, May 26, 2022 - Last Day of Student Attendance; Early Dismissal at 1:15 PM
Friday, May 27, 2022 - Teacher Institute
Friday, May 27, 2022 - Band & Chorus Indiana Beach Trip
Elementary/Junior High Upcoming Events
5/25 - PTC Fun Day
5/26 - 6th and 7th Grades Awards assembly
High School Upcoming Events
5/25 & 26 - Finals
5/31 - Band and Chorus Disney Trip
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- Make sure all library books have been returned or fines paid ASAP.
- The Creative Dramatics Workshop is holding open auditions for an immersive play experience that will be performed at Homer’s Freedom & Music Festival on July 4th. Auditions are for ages 12 and up and will take place June 6th & 7th at 6:00 PM at the Homer Caboose Park. No appointment needed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Fun Day is TODAY – We would like each class to come to school that day dressed in the same color of shirt, as it is easier to keep classes together. Below is a list of colors for each grade: Kindergarten – Red, 1st grade – Orange, 2nd grade – Yellow, 3rd grade – White, 4th grade – Purple, 5th grade- Blue, 6th grade – Green, and 7th grade – Grey.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- Finals will be May 25th and 26th. All students must be in attendance. If for some reason you will not be able to attend either of those days the office was to be informed by May 1st.