Important District Dates:
Monday, May 3, 2021--Heritage School Board Re-organization & New Member Seating @ 7:00pm
Sunday, May 16, 2021 -- High School Graduation @ Broadlands @ 2:00 PM
Monday, May 17, 2021 -- 8th Grade Promotion @ Broadlands @ 6:30 PM
Monday, May 24, 2021 -- Last Day of Student Attendance
April & May 2021 Calendars & Menus
Monday Lunch Menu:
Chicken Patty Corn Peaches Milk
4/30 Senior Trip
Monday Lunch Menu:
Fish Sticks French Fries Applesauce S’more snacks Milk
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- The next JH Track meet will be held on Tuesday, May 4th at Catlin at 4:00 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 2:45 PM and from Homer at 3:00 PM. Good luck!!
- JH Girls Basketball and JH Track will have Sports pictures taken on Monday, May 3rd at 4:00 PM during JH Track practice.
- Attention Heritage families: We are bringing back Heritage Hawk Fridays! Please have your child wear our school colors of red, navy, or silver or dress in any Heritage Hawk fan wear to help show our school spirit on Fridays!
- The 2020-2021 Elementary/JH yearbook order forms have been sent home with students and extra forms are available for pick up as needed in the office. Please make checks payable to Heritage School or send $22.00 cash clearly marked with your child’s name on the order form. All orders are due by May 14, 2021.
- The last day to return Library books and to earn AR Points for this school year will be Friday, May 14th. Please make arrangements to have all Library books and AR points completed by the end of the school day on this date.
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- Any 18 year old who is interested in a highway construction career training program please see Mrs. Knott.
- Any senior filling out the Homer American Legion scholarship the due date is April 29th before you leave for the senior trip.
- Softball and Baseball pictures will be on Monday May 10th. Softball will start at 3 and Baseball will be after starting at 3:45. Picture packets will be passed out when they come in.
- Seniors: We are in need of a Senior or Current Picture and a Baby Picture of each Senior for the graduation slideshow. If you sent Mrs. Campos a baby picture we will use that. An email was sent to all senior parents requesting these. Please email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible! Thank you!
- To ALL Sophomores & Juniors: Mr. Lee will be heading up the DC trip in late March 2022 and if you are interested were having a virtual meeting this Thursday at 6 pm! RSVP at https://rsvp.efexploreamerica.com/v78araj even if you cant make this Thursday go fill out the RSVP to show us you're interested and to get more info in the future! We would love to have you join us on this amazing once in a lifetime experience!
- This week is the last week to order a yearbook with a name stamp! If anyone would like their name on their yearbook order forms are in the office or yearbooks can be purchased online at yearbooksforever.com/ under Heritage Community Senior High School.
- The winners of the Pet Prom King and Queen were Bella and Bubbies! Congratulations to the winners If any of you would like the poster with your pets picture on it please come to the office.
- The Volleyball sports banquet will be on May 10th at 5:30 pm in the main gym. Each player can bring two guests and must wear a mask.
- Seniors going to Parkland please make sure you sign up for English and Math assessments whichever is needed. After assessment go to Parkland's website and sign up for freshman orientation. Once all that is completed you can meet with a counselor for classes.
- The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!