Heritage Schools has no COVID cases at this time at either school site.
Please continue to report and communicate with the main offices, administration, and school nurse DiAnne Boyd when anything develops at home including symptoms, possible exposures, and any testing outcomes. The school continues to use the BinaxNOW test for test-to-stay for employees and/or students who have any symptoms or exposure concerns while at school.
A continuing aspect for COVID safety this school year is that an individual's vaccination status can affect the timeline and protocol for handling school cases for both students old enough to be vaccinated, now down to 5 years old, and employees. We will only ask vaccination status when necessary to keep everyone safe and in school.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Now Available for Children
Community vaccination clinics available by appointment for children age 5-11
Champaign, IL – The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD), in partnership with Carle Health, OSF HealthCare, Christie Clinic, Promise Healthcare, and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign are hosting community-based COVID-19 Pfizer vaccination clinics for children age 5-11.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news release, “In the U.S., COVID-19 cases in children 5 through 11 years of age make up 39% of cases in individuals younger than 18 years of age. According to the CDC, approximately 8,300 COVID-19 cases in children 5 through 11 years of age resulted in hospitalization. As of Oct. 17, 691 deaths from COVID-19 have been reported in the U.S. in individuals less than 18 years of age, with 146 deaths in the 5 through 11 years age group.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for children 5 through 11 years of age is administered as a two-dose primary series, 3 weeks apart, but is a lower dose (10 micrograms) than that used for individuals 12 years of age and older (30 micrograms).
iHotel and Conference Center – 111 St. Mary’s Road, Champaign
- No walk-ins; schedule online at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B054CA8A82CA5F94-511
- Friday, November 5th from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 6th from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Kohl’s Plaza – 1901 N. Market Street, Champaign
- Appointments will be available soon through MyCarle and Carle.org. Carle community vaccine clinics will be staffed with many of the care providers from Carle Pediatric and Family Medicine areas or are specially trained to administer vaccine to children.
- Beginning this Saturday, weekends in November:
- Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sundays, 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Vaccine appointments will be made available at primary care locations at a later date.
- Appointments will be available at all of the primary care offices and can be scheduled through osfhealthcare.org/vaccine.
- Visit www.vaccinefinder.org for available appointments at local pharmacies.
Please note, additional vaccination options may be available through the child’s school.
Additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations can be found at: https://www.c-uphd.org/covid-vaccinations.html.
Amy Roberts, PHR, SHRM-CP
Public Information Officer
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
201 W. Kenyon Road
Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 531-4264 phone
(217) 531-4343 secure fax